The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Error 404 on all posts, pages on one WPMU blog (11 posts)

1. shoestringwebs
    Posted 16 years ago #

On one WPMU blog of my installation, I suddenly began getting "Error 404" on all pages and posts. The posts appear on the home page, but error when you click for the full article.

http://parkforest.savegwinnett.com/

if you would like to look.

I don't seem to be having a problem on any other blogs on this installation.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Check to see if your host changed an Apache settings.

3. shoestringwebs
    Posted 16 years ago #

It is hosted on a dedicated server which I control, and I didn't change anything. I suppose that an automatic update could have changed something, but wouldn't it change for all blogs on the account?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Are there any plugins enabled on that blog?

5. pumpkinslayer
    Posted 16 years ago #

Did you change permalink structure?
    I've had 404's after changing permalink structure, make sure to change it with "Options -> Permalinks" rather than through "Site Admin" or go to "Options -> Permalinks" and save, which will update the permalinks for the site.

6. shoestringwebs
    Posted 16 years ago #

Updating permalinks has not corrected the problem.

Re plugins:

In /plugins, kb_notify_admin and kb_advanced_rss.

In /mu-plugins, the farms comment spam pack, custom_anti_spam, dashboard-lite, ds_add_users_widget, kb_notify_admin, kb_advanced_rss, list-all, pxsmail, simple-trackback-validation, spam-filter, wpmu-signup-captcha, wpmufeed, wpmu_for_dummies

7. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yeah, it's definitely some permalink interference.

8. shoestringwebs
    Posted 16 years ago #

All other blogs are fine. A new blog works fine. If I export, then import the broken blog's content into a new one, the new one is broken as well.

That's about as far as I can go! If someone could direct me to what is apparently a bad configuration in the database, I would greatly appreciate it.

9. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Turn off the plugins on that blog.
    Check.
    See if that fixes it.
    If not, go into the database itself and check that blog's site options table and compare the permalink field to a blog that *does* work properly.

10. shoestringwebs
    Posted 16 years ago #

I got the articles back but, for some reason, the permalink feature does not work on this blog.

I selected the "Custom" permalink, then cleared the text box and saved to get back to the default link structure. Once I did that, the posts and pages reappeared.

If I select any permalink other than the default, I receive "page not found" errors.

All other blogs on this installation work fine. I can change the link structure with no problem.

I had first deleted most of the plugins and compared the permalinks config in the database to a working blog... nothing remarkable there.

11. wwRoni
    Posted 15 years ago #

This JUST happened to me. I accidently deleted my .htaccess file during upgrade. Put it back, problem solved!

Hope that helps anyone else having the problem.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by shoestringwebs
  • Latest reply from wwRoni