1. adster
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I'm having problems installing wpmu.

During install errors pop up about the tables not existing

see below
    upon loading up the url to install wpmu i get the following error

WordPress database error: [Table 'table.wp_sitemeta' doesn't exist]
    SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'site_name' AND site_id = '1'

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/tthongs/domains/domain.com/public_html/wmu/wp-inst/wp-includes/wp-db.php:108) in /usr/home/tthongs/domains/domain.com/public_html/wmu/wp-inst/wp-admin/install.php on line 16

if i continue the tables are created (checked via phpmyadmin) BUT wpmu says the tables do not exist.

could anyone please give me a little guidance here?

I've installed wp multiple times without any trouble whatsoever. I have absolutely no idea why it's doing this.

cheers,
    Adam

2. itdamager
    Posted 18 years ago #

upon loading up the url to install wpmu

You mean the 'home page' right? Install is not the same for wpmu as it is for wp. Do NOT use wp-admin/install.php.

3. amerika
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

WordPress database error: [Table 'table.wp_sitemeta' doesn't exist]
    SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'site_name' AND site_id = '1'

i have the same problem as above.
    What's going wrong?

When i check phpmyadmin i don't see any tabels??

4. adster
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

so don't use wp-adimin/install.php? Why would that particular file be included inthe zip if it's NOT to be used? Also what file should I use to install wpmu?
    thanks

5. ergate
    Posted 18 years ago #

to install WPMU just navigate your web browser to the root of where you have it installed. It installs from the index page.

6. chelu
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I also have the same issue:

WordPress database error: [Table 'XXXXX_XXXXX.wpmu_sitemeta' doesn't exist]
    SELECT meta_value FROM wpmu_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'site_name' AND site_id = '1'

CAN SOMEONE HELP? Thanks!

7. itdamager
    Posted 18 years ago #

adster, just visit the home page of your site and you will be presented with the WPMU install process. wpadmin/install.php is a part of wordpress which is the very core of WPMU so it is included in the distro file. It used to be disabled, but was recently re-enabled by the developers, for what reason I do not know, we don't use it here.

Also in the WPMU distro file (and probably every other open source project on the planet) is a file called README.txt and it has very clear instructions on how to install WPMU.

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by adster
  • Latest reply from itdamager