The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Suggest me about WPMU database? (10 posts)

1. sachin_gupta
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello

I am Integrating WPMU in my site. My Site is concern with "social networking" and there are near about 50000 active members on my site. If a each user will add multiple blogs in my site, the database will become quite huge. Will it be beneficial to me to use WPMU in my site.

My application is on PHP/MySQL platform.

Please suggest me the proper server configuration etc.
    Thanks

2. litchi
    Posted 15 years ago #

WPMu can support multi databases please search for more details :)

3. sachin_gupta
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello Litchi

Thanks for your reply. There is one more query.

I am integrating WPMu with my application which is a website for "social network system".

In WPMu, if a user creates a blog it will become "Administrator" for that blog and after that he will select user and their role for that particular blog from the user list.

Is it possible in WPMu that if a user creates a blog, all the other user will automatically set for that blog and their role will be "subscriber"

Please suggest me the way How should i proceed"

Thanks

4. honewatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes it is possible to automatically include other users as subscribers - but 50,000?

If you have 50,000 users creating blogs you will need some decent hardware.

5. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

With 50k users, a good chunk of them active, you're probably looking at no less than a pair of decent servers if not more.

6. sachin_gupta
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello All,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please suggest me the setting in WPMu so that i can set all the other users as 'subscriber' automatically for the Blog?

If there are more than 50000 users in my site then what will be the problems i have to face while integrating WPMu with my site?

Please explain more about 'decent hardware' and 'decent server', if there are more than 50000 users what will be the pros and cons?

Thanks

7. litchi
    Posted 15 years ago #

I don't think it's okay to add 50000+ user automatically as the subscriber for each blog in you SNS system when a new blog got active.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Agreed. Users do not have to be subscribers to see or comment or other user's blogs.

9. sachin_gupta
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello Andrea

If this is the point that 'Users do not have to be subscribers to see or comment or other user's blogs' then can you suggest me how can one user be able to access another users blog even if it is not assigned to that particular blog.

Thanks

10. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

By the URL.

Seriously, if you want users to visit each other's blogs just to read or comment.... you do nothing.

You could have master list, they could have their blog URL in the features on the rest of your site.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by sachin_gupta
  • Latest reply from andrea_r