The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

share on facebook (8 posts)

1. bschwarting
    Posted 15 years ago #

anyone had any luck putting this code in your sidebar? mine always brings back horrible looking results.

http://www.facebook.com/share_partners.php

2. helenw
    Posted 15 years ago #

I was able to put it in my sidebar and it worked fine but I had to specify a URL. What I am looking for is something that will let me put a facebook (or other social networking icon) on the head of the blog - in the theme so anyone who uses the theme can share their blog. Has anyone seen a plugin or chunk of code that will do that?Helen

3. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

Helen, do you mean having a Facebook badge in the header of every user's blog?

4. bschwarting
    Posted 15 years ago #

when i click on mine, it tries to grab text from the top most post instead of the header meta tags. any ideas?

5. suleiman
    Posted 15 years ago #

use the share this plugin. And use an older version. Newer versions are pulling the files from external servers

6. bschwarting
    Posted 15 years ago #

yeah, I'm using share this as well, but i really want that for the posts, not the main page.

what version of share this do you recommend? i to don't like the external server stuff on the new version I'm using now.

7. freshestnoob
    Posted 15 years ago #

you can also use the addthis bookmark button.

8. helenw
    Posted 15 years ago #

awarner - yes, something that users can easily click to put on their facebook.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by bschwarting
  • Latest reply from helenw