The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WordPress MU 1.5RC1 (68 posts)

1. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

italways - I don't have any experience with mod_security unfortunately, but I'll add the mod_security async-upload.php to the default .htaccess in case it fixes the problem for others.

2. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

Login problems - do you have SECRET_SALT and SECRET_KEY defined in your wp-config.php? Look in wp-config-sample.php for an example, but change the string obviously!

3. italways
    Posted 16 years ago #

@ donncha

Thanks for your quick response! the trunk-r1257 fixed the multi-file uploder prolblem.

But it is strange that it seems the "insert gallery to post" issue only was fixed on admin (main blog), the other users on the site still have a problem - the flash upload panel is stuck after click the "insert gallery to post" button, and the gallery won't be added to the post.

I will continue testing on my site, if any problem, I will let you know.

P.S. just wanna you know, we really appreciate your job very much!

4. italways
    Posted 16 years ago #

@ donncha

I logged out and logged in with other user again on my site, the "insert gallery to post" issue is gone now, it seems just some cache issue, sorry for the confusion.

5. awarner20
    Posted 16 years ago #

After adding the mod_security .htaccess to my wp-admin directory (and clearing my browser cache), things seems to be working for me too with the image uploader.

Now, I'm on to investigate SECRET_SALT and SECRET_KEY for the cookie issue.

Thanks to both donncha and italways for this very helpful thread;)

6. awarner20
    Posted 16 years ago #

@donncha

I did not have SECRET_SALT and SECRET_KEY defined in my wp-config.php file. When I upgraded I had absolutely no idea that this extra code was needed.

Thanks to your reminder, I added it to my wp-config.php and it now appears that my login issues are solved!

Thanks!

7. honewatson
    Posted 16 years ago #

Page Templates do not show up in the editor for me.

I have this at the top of my template:

<?php

/*

Template Name: CoopResults

*/

?>
  8. honewatson
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ok I figured it out. In previous versions of Wordpress the file name did not need to match the template name. Now the file name must match the template name exactly.

Template Name: coopresults
    File Name: coopresults.php

9. cafespain
    Posted 16 years ago #

Honewatson: Thanks for the info, this will save me a lot of hassle in the very near future.

10. italways
    Posted 16 years ago #

On the trunk-r1257, I just found an issue about multi-file image uploader, I tried some better quality photos, it got the following error info when uploading, but it won't block the uploading, it is still going on and the photos were really uploaded to the site.

"Warning: exif_read_data(img_9173.jpg) [exif_read_data]: Illegal IFD size: x0750 + 2 + x0004*12 = x0780 > x0776 in /home/pandatwo/public_html/wp-admin/includes/image.php on line 238"

If this error happened, the Flash upload panel will be stuck when you click "Insert gallery to post" after the upload finished, you can not insert gallery into the post. but there is a workaround, you may add <gallery> shortcut to the post manually, it works since those photos were really uploaded already though some complains about the big resolution.

Since the error info. points out that the error comes from "image.php on line 238", but actually the photo uploading is ok, I think maybe we can just need comment this error in the code, but I am also afraid if there was some potential problem related to this with the image uploader.

How do you think? thanks!

11. cafespain
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've now installed and have working the version from trac-1257. I've not done a complete test yet, but have noticed that there isn't anyway to change to other blogs/sites of which I am an administrator.

In 1.3.3 I could select the blog by clicking on the blog name and selecting another from the drop down. On this version I can't see anyway to do that - or am I being blind?

12. Trent
    Posted 16 years ago #

It has a list of tabs on the top with an "all blogs" tab as well.

Trent

13. cafespain
    Posted 16 years ago #

No, I'm not seeing that. For each blog I only have a single tab with the blogs name. I have to go to each blog url to get into the admin panel.

14. cafespain
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sorry, Ignore my last error it was my fault - I'd missed a bit of information in the multi-db class.

All fixed now

15. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 15 years ago #

FYI - I'm merging the 2.5 branch of code as it doesn't make sense not to consider the number of changes and updates since the original release of WP 2.5!

16. honewatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

Donncha, the flashloader does not even work for me on wordpress.com. I have to use the html uploader they offer. Will this be available for mu?

17. honewatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

Quite an 'interesting' segway the flash upload. After all flash is no standard.

18. honewatson
    Posted 15 years ago #

I found a plugin which replaces the flash installer with an html installer.

I just dropped this plugin straight into mu-plugins.

http://trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/6406/no-flash-uploader.php?format=raw

19. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Why can't I see options-misc.php (admin/settings/Miscellaneous) inside user administration? I would like my users to be able to change default thumbnail size just like in single WP installation.

Anyone has the same problem?

20. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Actually, I can see them but only if I go directly to http://mysitename.com/wp-admin/options-misc.php

but there is no 'Miscellaneous' link listed in 'Settings' navbar. Strange...

21. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

@boonika

I'll second that, no Miscellaneous link in my settings, but I can get there by loading the direct url. Probably just an oversight in the 2.5 porting.

Anyone else confirm?

22. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Another thing, there are no 'Uploading' options inside 'Miscellaneous Settings'. Maybe donncha is already working on this... I hope:)

23. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

I confirm the Misc menu is missing, but it is also not present in wp.com - so it may be on purpose.

24. charliestyles
    Posted 15 years ago #

donncha,

Thanks for RC1.5. It looks great so far.

As others I'm having same issue with logging in to multiple sites - but it doesn't really matter.

The gallery doesn't look as neat when it's published, but the uploader is working fine.

I was wondering if you were able to add to WPMU 1.5 something to make it easier to change the domain of a blog. I want to point a domain at my mu site and use it as the blog domain. Is this possible without the complicated fixes available around the forums?

Cheers

25. seekoeur
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi Donncha thanks

I have a little problem, "EXTEND" doesn't appear in admin ? Someone else have this problem ?

thank you
    MAt

26. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

PLEASE HELP! I CAN'T LOGIN.

Yesterday I generated SECRET_KEY and SECRET_SALT (https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm) so I can fix auto-logout problem, just following donncha's advice. And it worked just fine. But today I'm not able to login as administrator or as member. To be more specific, I entered all relevant info inside new wp-config-sample.php + SECRET_KEY and SECRET_SALT. Than I renamed file to wp-config.php.

I tried everything I could think of. I even tried replacing new config.php with the old one.

27. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

I don't recall ever seeing "EXTEND" anywhere on the backend.

28. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

This is weird. I even replaced all wpmu files (except htaccess, wp.config and wp.content directory) and I still can't get inside administration. I think that I'll have to delete everything and run fresh WPMU installation.

29. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

NEW PROBLEMS

OK, I deleted everything; files, tables from my database... uploaded new WPMU 1.5 RC1 files and installation went smoothly. I didn?t even try entering SECRET_KEY again.

Once I got inside the administration I realized that there is no 'Plugins' link. Then I checked WPMU 1.5 RC1 zip file I downloaded and saw that plugins and mu-plugins directories don't exist inside wp-content directory. OK, I created them mannualy and added some plugins to them but 'Plugins' link still won't show up in administration navbar. Am I doing something wrong? All advices are welcome.

30. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sorry all... How can I be so stupid? I did not enable plugins (Enable or disable WP Backend Menus) in Site Admin/Options menu. Sorry once again.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by donncha
  • Latest reply from lunabyte