The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Desi Blogs WP 2.5 (12 posts)

1. ssbansal
    Posted 16 years ago #

Desi Blogs has been running very smooth for the last 5 months with 100% uptime guaranteed!

We have no made the big jump to upgrade all the blogs on the server to wordpress 2.5 and has been very successful.

We hope to be a very successful blog provider to you too!

Give us a try at:

http://desiblogs.co.uk

2. hhuskies
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just to let you know - you spelled Customise wrong on the home page. It should be spelled as CustomiZe - with a Z instead of an S.

3. cafespain
    Posted 16 years ago #

hhuskies: Only if you are in America.

I think you'll find that the inventors of the language spell it with an S :), and as the blog is on a .co.uk domain, it is a perfectly valid spelling.

Note large button on the top left of this page:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/

4. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

who cares what the inventors think? we took their lousy language and modified it so it made sense and this is the thanks we get? well colour, theatre, recognise this! and for the record, beans are not a breakfast food; aint nothing good about a good english breakfast! :-}

i've always liked the look. BTW your theme demo, is that a standard WP install?

5. cafespain
    Posted 16 years ago #

Now a Full Irish breakfast and a large cup of Barrys Tea (followed by 2 large strong coffees) in the morning is enough to give me the incentive to run it off in the evening :)
    http://store.barrys-tea.com/articles/full_irish_breakfast.html

ssbansal: Did you mean WordPress 2.5 or MU 1.5?

6. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

What the inventors think matters because otherwise you get letters like "Zeee." What nonsense is that. It's Zed. Zee is the silliest sounding thing I ever heard.

7. hhuskies
    Posted 16 years ago #

Now there's something the Irish have got right - bacon and sausage! :-) Americans will put bacon on anything! (by the way, I'm about 1/8th Irish) LOL Except I prefer bacon cooked to crunchy perfection.

Sorry for the correction - wasn't paying attention to your co.uk extension. Should have realized that your market isn't in the USA! Not to mention I didn't remember that in the UK you spell customize differently from us!

Friendly mistake....but...

Our spelling is better! (tongue sticking out - neener neener neener!) ;-)

Ever played this game on the BBC? Since I'm a mushing fanatic - I play this game all of the time. http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/games/games/husky_game/HRFinal01.swf

8. hhuskies
    Posted 16 years ago #

lol, demonicume - because of the interaction with so many people from the UK online, I sometimes get my "theatre" and "theater" spellings mixed up when I am writing. :-)

9. honewatson
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm seeing file not found on desi blog index pages for blogs.

10. italways
    Posted 16 years ago #

okay, let's talk about some real issues on this site:

1. Need login twice to backend

2. Multi-file uploader does not work

11. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

You guys are making me miss my grandparents. :D

12. ssbansal
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi,

All issues should be fixed.

@ demonicume: It is not a standard wp installation it is a hosted wordpress site for the theme demo. I just used the theme switcher plugin with a few modifications of my own.

@ italways: All other users have no problem, well except the multi file uploader problem which we are trying to fix.

@ cafespain: Yes it is wpmu 1.5, will need to upgrade to the latest version since wp 2.5.1 has released.

@ everyone else: a full english is on of the best breakfasts you can have its soo much better what americans can think of.

And yes sometimes I get confused with the spelling of words due to looking at websites that are multi region.

Anyways I hope everyone likes the blog hoster, we're working on making the hoster better and keeping it ad-free as always.

New themes should be on soon as well.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by ssbansal
  • Latest reply from ssbansal