The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wysiwyg & anarchy not working in main blog (16 posts)

1. bwinn
    Posted 15 years ago #

so up until now i have been using my homepage as an aggregated feed from my other blogs which are on subdomains. I want to use my main blog now to post content instead of a feed. The problem is, my wysiwyg is not working. I also noticed that my anarchy plugin isnt showing up either.

I have multiple blogs on my site, all of them seem to be working fine with the wysiwyg and anarchy all working smoothly. So what is with my main blog? Is there something that is conflicting with a certain file? I don't understand??

I am using 1.3.3

2. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

Similar problem related to Anarchy Media Player, missing buttons after MU 1.5 RC1 upgrade...not answered yet.

http://fora.an-archos.com/viewtopic.php?t=197

3. suleiman
    Posted 15 years ago #

it's an entirely new backend guys, I'm sure it's going to take some time for the AMP to catch up.

4. bwinn
    Posted 15 years ago #

@suleiman

Keep in mind, I am using 1.3.3

5. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

@suleiman,

Understood, I'll be patient;)

6. suleiman
    Posted 15 years ago #

bwinn, my apologies. Here's what I suggest:

go through your mu-plugins folder and disable plugins one by one until you find the culrpit. Try to do this chronologically, in the order of newest to oldest.

If this doesn't work, you may need to re-copy some files over.

Recently I attempted to use the wp-spamfree plugin and it disabled the RTE from loading.

7. enseignement
    Posted 15 years ago #

Is there any alternative to the AMP plugin ?

8. eswhite
    Posted 15 years ago #

If you want to use a different media player plugin, you can try PodPress.

Have you checked Users > Your Profile > Personal Options > Use the visual editor when writing ? If that's unchecked, you will no longer be able to use the WYSIWIG editor.

9. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Maybe I missed something, but how can you use podpress to do something like embed a yoututbe video?

10. bwinn
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well podpress isnt working either... Working fine on every blog but the homepage blog... I tried deactivating the plugins and it didnt do anything... this is a weird issue. Hope I can solve it.

11. enseignement
    Posted 15 years ago #

Any idea of a plugin that does the same as AMP as easier ?
    Thanks !

12. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

Vipers quicktags media plugin is what I am using now on my WPMU install. You have to change the paths in the plugin and make the root file in the mu-plugins folder, but it worked for me.

http://www.viper007bond.com/wordpress-plugins/vipers-video-quicktags/

Trent

13. enseignement
    Posted 15 years ago #

what about mp3 ?

14. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeah...good call. mp3 is not supported on that particular plugin right now (I don't think). I still use another audio plugin that doesn't have a button. Might have to ask Viper if he is interested in adding it :) That or hopefully Zeug comes out with a new AMP version!

Trent

15. enseignement
    Posted 15 years ago #

Zeug seems completely dead ... no answer on the forum ... nothing ... :(

Pity, because it was the best for easily adding a new video in wp or wpmu ...
    Teachers (in my case) don't like to mess with code and so on. Copy paste is ok :-)

16. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

There is now a WPMU upgraded version for testing...the download link is in the forums at the moment.

About this Topic