The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Structure Theme (21 posts)

1. PBO
    Posted 15 years ago #

Anyone using this theme for wordpress MU?

Structure Theme

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

never heard of it. Or at least it's not ringing any bells.

3. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm using it on a single install, http://wordpressmodder.org

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ahhh.. *that* one. :D

Would look nice for an MU home theme.

5. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes, I think most "magazine" style themes would lend themselves well to an MU homepage.

As for user blogs? That's another beast all together...

6. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

i wanted to use it, but i couldn't figure out how to use those columns with any of the recent posts plugins. plugin integration is a requirement for any theme i use because I'm very bad at remembering my core hacks.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

you mean like in the tabbed area?

i'm willing to hack themes to pieces to get what I want. :D

8. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

The code in this theme is more advanced than a standard WP theme, that's for sure.

Recent Posts is built into the tabbed area, and I would guess that if you found the function call for recent posts, you could replace that with the MU recent posts function.

Just a thought.

9. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

i got that part to work. i couldn't get my avatars to play nice css-wise. i nearly got it working the way i wanted it.

10. bloggsbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yea, I'm using it on http://bloggs.be. It's in norwegian. And, yes, it's hacked to pices :-)

--
    Rune

11. seekoeur
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi Bloggsbe

It's possible for you to give the "structure" template customisation files for WPMU here, for download ?
    I understand if you doesn't want ;)

thank you

Mat

12. bloggsbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hmmm, I could do that :-)

But you all have to promise that you'll not tell me how bad my coding is....

Jokes aside, I'll see what I can do, but not to day.

Regards,
    Rune

13. seekoeur
    Posted 15 years ago #

Lol bloggsbe

I have learn something important today héhé

Promise you to say anything about your bad coding, mine is worst : I'm not a coder ;)

Thank you so much
    Mat

14. billdennis5
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'd live to hack these theme to change "recent posts" to "member posts" for my citizen journalism site, BlogPeoria.com.

15. bloggsbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

@seekoeur:

Well, you have to do some coding on it to work for you. I'm using some custom plugins I've made for my self, one of them is a randomish post on the front page. I can give you that plugin, but you have to change it to get it to work with your install, and you have to change it in the code, since there is no admin section to that plugin.

I've also made my own plugin for recent updated blogs, that uses some of the functions in my WPMU Gravatar plugin... And the same goes with the custom login form on the front page...

So what I'm saying is that you have to do some coding to get it to work for your site... And I'll not make any guaranties that you'll get it to work, as I've written earlier in this thread "it's hacked to pices"!

-
    Rune

16. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

then hit us with the code. i'd like to take a look at it, if you don't mind.

17. bloggsbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Okay, here it goes...

Download very hacked version of Structure theme.

This should be tested on a test server before going live... I've used this on WPMU 1.3.3 and now on 1.5.1. It's live on bloggs.be, so feel free to check it out. It's in Norwegian, but if you're used to working in MU you should be able to "feel" your way ahead :-)

I will not give (much) support on hacking this, you're on your own... But if you send a mail to dev(at)bloggs.be, I'll most likely reply :-)

I'll remove the download after a some weeks, since this is NOT code I'm proud of!

[edit] Just for the record; the plugin mu-tags is not mine, but you have to have it to use the theme[/edit]

Happy hacking!

--
    Rune

18. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

oh the frustration of govt firewalls. i'll have to check out EOD. thanks, tho

Curt

19. seekoeur
    Posted 15 years ago #

Very good bloggs.be

thank you very much ;-)

now I have a little problem and you're not responsible but I understand nothing at norwegian

this is an opportunity to learn

thanks google traduct:

Very good bloggs.be

mange takk ;-)

nå har jeg et lite problem, men du er ikke ansvarlig, men jeg forstår ingenting ved norske

Det er en mulighet til å lære

thanks bye ;-)

20. bloggsbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well, I'm not gonna teach you :-)

But install the theme "as is" on a test server, search the code for the Norwegian words (you'll probably "understand" the meaning out of the context) and translate to English in the code :-)

If your stuck, send me an email with the words/phrases you don't get :-)

--
    Rune

21. xrun
    Posted 15 years ago #

Did you get the entire back-end translated as well? I can't find where the menu "Delete blog" or the text on the page it brings up is stored, so haven't been able to translate it to norwegian for my memberblogs. Any pointers?

About this Topic