The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Getting close to the 1.5.1 (60 posts)

1. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeah, rev 1281 was working fine and saving options as well. Blogs were created fine both ways and switching between blogs worked fine for me. :) One of my plugins "site-feed" was telling me object cache is not there, but I am not sure what that is about...

Trent

2. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

Just confirming, the syntax is the same correct as this is what I have in my wp-config.php ?

define('ENABLE_CACHE', true);

Trent

3. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 15 years ago #

I don't think that's needed any more. The only mention of that constant in the file cache refers to safe mode in which case setting that constant will force the cache to work from what I can see.

4. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

Good! Full steam ahead then :)

5. andrewbillits
    Posted 15 years ago #

So the cache is enabled by default now?

I can also confirm that rev 1281 seems to work just fine.

Thanks,
    Andrew

6. mzeecedric
    Posted 15 years ago #

also testing. seems to work so far, except with the recent k2 theme.

7. intoxination
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've been testing with the old APC object cache drop in Ryan did a couple years ago and everything is working fine with that.

8. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

1281 seems to be OK on my test site. Only thing is an empty cache directory, unless something else is needed for it to work. (Which is sounded like it should work out of the box.)

9. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 15 years ago #

lunabyte - you need to download object-cache.php from either one of the places I mentioned earlier or the xcache or APC ones.

Thanks everyone for testing! :)

10. alexandrehaguiar
    Posted 15 years ago #

I install the 1281 version and have some problens with aamenus and lighteradminmenus-mu-v0.2 that dont show the correct menu.

11. alexandrehaguiar
    Posted 15 years ago #

:/There is other problem, other user, with administrator rules, than admin cannot see the admins menu.

12. programmer3
    Posted 15 years ago #

What about the new cool function for edit themes css in the new Admin GUI.. will it work in WP MU?

If a user change css for a theme, will that change the CSS for every user that using that particular Theme?

/Joel

13. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

@Donncha

Did that, but the way you described it previously made it sound that it wasn't needed.

Seems OK with it now, though.

14. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"What about the new cool function for edit themes css in the new Admin GUI.. will it work in WP MU?"

the theme editro is removed in MU. too much a security risk.

"If a user change css for a theme, will that change the CSS for every user that using that particular Theme?"

Considering they all shares files, yes. This is another reason the theme editor is gone.

the only person who *needs* to edit any themes is the site admin, and they (usually) have server access and can do it from there.

15. programmer3
    Posted 15 years ago #

andrea_r:

Ok, thanks for the information!

I know many users wants to edit the css files to get the theme more personal so I think it's a bit sad they won't be able to do that.

But hey, thanks for the information anyway :-)

16. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

There's a css-editing file hidden around here somewhere. ;)

With widgets and custom headers, that's what most users are happy with anyway.

17. bwinn
    Posted 15 years ago #

Why can't they have one default theme and then when a new user/blog signs up, a new theme is created. For example new_user1 gets theme1, new_user32 gets theme32,etc., and then each user can edit their theme so it won't interfere with the rest of the sites css.

Something like that would be amazing and I don't understand why the don't create it.

18. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

Why they don't? Space, number of files, number of directories, users changing themes, more not in use than in use, and not to mention that users editing their css (in general) is just a bad idea. Seen myspace? Hideous crap right there.

19. emoruffino
    Posted 15 years ago #

i got fireblogz updated.... was fairly simple ;)

20. arthurmsmith
    Posted 15 years ago #

I am not getting Feedburner's email widget to work with rc1 or 1281. The widget editor drops some of the code and the resulting display shows only the link to Feedburner... the actual form is gone. It works fine on 1.3.3. I apologize if this is not the correct place to report this. I'm still a newbie with WPMU.

21. amanzi
    Posted 15 years ago #

I just updated my test site to the latest trunk and I'm still getting the problem with the Add Media link described here: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/623

Any assistance in getting this resolved would be good.

22. hyperdry
    Posted 15 years ago #

i have just upgraded my site to the latest files on trac and i must say it looks FANTASTIC!

there's one problem though that i have noticed, Adsense Deluxe Options dont work. is it just me or Adsense Deluxe needs to be updated??

Thanks for version 1.5.1, well done!!!

23. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

There were a handful of plugins that I had to fix myself or get new versions of (I use a testbed for this :) I would just check and see if others have a new version of the plugin!

Trent

24. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

@bwinn and lunabyte

Well if you check Tarski theme You'll see that the new theme can be created with only one css file, yourstyle.css which overwrites default style.css. You can have as many .css files as you want and change your theme look from inside site administration. Theoretically, this could mean that the number of new files created would be equal to numbers of new blogs create. But what do I know, I'm just a designer.

25. taylhis
    Posted 15 years ago #

Any update on the release date/time? Excited! :-)

26. taylhis
    Posted 15 years ago #

Question answered!

27. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Let the fun begin:)

28. prosk
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello, I'm experiencing some problems with the WPMU 1.5.1. I developped some plugins which worked well in the previous 1.3.3 version.

With the new version, adding top_element_menu is very hard, i get the following message:

mt_add_pages2() (previously declared in E:\BLOG\wp-content\mu-plugins\createbloginfhonet.php:17)

Does exists a new method to add elements menu in WPMU 1.5.1??

Thanks a lo

29. selfmade64856
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello, we recently upgraded to wpmu 1.5.1 and everything has worked great, except uploading files, images. I've configured all the chmod settings, htaccess seems to be right:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /

#uploaded files
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/$ index.php [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/(.*) wp-content/blogs.php?file=$2 [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^.*/wp-admin$
    RewriteRule ^(.+)$ /$1/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule . - [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-.*) $2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]

<IfModule mod_security.c>
    <Files async-upload.php>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </Files>
    </IfModule>

php_flag register_globals on
    php_flag register_long_arrays on

--------------------------

Whe I upload a file via the "Add Media" option in a post or page, everything seems to work, until I select the "Add into post", it adds the graphic frame but there is no graphic. I've tried all the solutions in the following posts to no avail.

http://ahkong.net/cannot-upload-images-pictures-photos-in-wordpress-25/
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/164999
    http://help.joyent.com/?pg=kb.page&id=85
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/172030?replies=16
    http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=8443

I'm stumped. Any suggestions? Thanks

30. selfmade64856
    Posted 15 years ago #

Got it figured out. My programmer did something to fix it. Thanks anyway!

Courtney Bostdorff

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by donncha
  • Latest reply from selfmade64856