The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wp.getusersblogs does not exist. I always get error message blogs not found. (49 posts)

1. stodan
    Posted 15 years ago #

I get a blog server error 32601, requested method wp.getUsersBlogs does not exist. I am using subdirectories and 1.5. Anyone know how to get it to work?
    I looked in the xmlrpc file and can't see the call to the function wp.getUsersBlogs. Is it supposed to be missing?

2. andrewbillits
    Posted 15 years ago #

3. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

What is the purpose of posting that sort of reply? I posted roughly the same question 3 days ago. No answer to that one, either.

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=8214&replies=1#post-48697

Why the snottiness? Is the howto reserved for those that pay money?

4. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

Oh, I guess so. I just checked the link in your username.

I thought this was open source. Why are commercial interests on here being so snide?

5. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

Snottiness? The only snide remark here is coming from you.

The PURPOSE was POLITE, and said to PLEASE not double post. It wasn't some half bit asshat remark like you have shown.

Things like that won't get you far around here, and (even though it's a duplicate post) detracts from the topic.

If you don't have something USEFUL to contribute, why bother?

A polite (note the use of please) note about it wasn't hurting a thing, yet you had to pick on a VERY respected contributor around here. That's just a plain ignorant move right there, and probably why other folks aren't answering your question(s). I can tell you it's one reason I'll be skipping your questions from now on.

6. stodan
    Posted 15 years ago #

Huh anyway not sure what that was about. But I seem to be getting a similiar error as another person and I did hit the send post twice not realizing I had already sent a copy of the error. Apologize about that. Does anyone know about this problem, I want to try to get this to work. Does wordpress mu require you to enable the xmlrpc functions? And why is the blog.dir folder empty is that the problem?

7. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well, lunabyte, let me say this about that.

Mr. Billits could have used the same effort to answer the question as he expended in taking stodan to task. That is something trolls do.

"If you don't have something USEFUL to contribute, why bother?"

I don't care how well respected he is. It does appear he does know something about WMPU, but that does not give him any privilege to be snotty. Since he is in the WMPU consulting business his lack of courtesy by supplying a little bit of info instead of a put down is most suspect.

The fact is, if one has to research and figure it out all by themselves, why would they need the likes of him or anyone else?

I suspect that WMPU is headed down the same road as other software has gone. You use the public to develop and build interest in it, and then you take it commercial. And charge for support. Fortunately there are others to take its place, and it may be a good idea for many to investigate such at this time.

This sandbox appears to belong to a select few as evinced by your post taking me to task. This forum and WMPU does appear to have deserved the reputation it has concerning support. I can see why for the above reasons.

Have a good day.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Andrew, nor lunabyte, nor myself are developers of WPMU. We use it like you do. We *volunteer* our time in this forum.

9. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

You have been one of the more helpful of those volunteering their time, Andrea, and you do it very civilly.

As you may have noticed, I made roughly the same post 3 days ago, in a polite fashion, and on what should have been the proper forum for it. No one answered.

I am sure andrew has an answer to the question. All it takes getting it is contacting him and a money transfer. But I am assuming that because he is in the WPMU consulting business.

It would have been almost as easy, and a whole lot more gracious, to post a link to the answer as it would to post the response post that was posted.

May I point out that all the "volunteers" on this site reflect upon the work donncha and the developers are doing?

You are by far the most dazzling reflection. :-)

10. andrewbillits
    Posted 15 years ago #

Oh dear, here we go again.

wehican: All it takes getting it is contacting him and a money transfer

Now that's just uncalled for.

The *only* reason I replied to this thread (politely I might add) is that the OP posted two very similar threads in under five minutes.

stodan: I did hit the send post twice not realizing I had already sent a copy of the error

No worries, it happens.

Thanks,
    Andrew

11. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

You start off getting mad at Andrew for posting what a moderator of any forum would eventually do (politely) and then vent because he was someone that gets paid "on the side" for developing paid solutions and then follow up with bashing WPMU. It is possible that he didn't know the answer ;)

The only mention of that error in google in in the 1.5 RC and forward in wpmu-functions.php. Did you check your error logs for additional hints or just try uploading files again to see if that helps?

Trent

12. andrewbillits
    Posted 15 years ago #

Trent: It is possible that he didn't know the answer ;)

It's very possible because I really don't know the answer.

My suggestion would be to do a bit of testing to see if you can narrow down the problem. Basically you need to find the block of code tossing the error so you can trace it back to the problem.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Thanks,
    Andrew

13. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

I see now that this is related to Windows Live Writer. It might taking an answer from someone that knows Windows...

Trent

14. andrewbillits
    Posted 15 years ago #

That's a very good point. Is the error happening with other clients or just Windows Live Writer? That could very well be the problem right there.

Thanks,
    Andrew

15. jefflyne
    Posted 15 years ago #

I don't think the issue is only with Windows Live Writer, it seems to be related to the new 1.5.1 xmlprc file.

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/log/trunk/xmlrpc.php

see the newest entry "Merged with WordPress? 2.5, unstable, only for testing"

I also can't WPMU 1.5.1 to work with the blogging program Wbloggar as of right now. It's also not working with a few other programs I'm using so a fix for this is much needed!
    Hope this info is helpful or maybe I'm way off base.

16. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have searched a lot about the problem. On Google and this site. However, one can get run in circles looking for answers on both. Gets frustrating.

As I posted, it works on wordpress.com, which I understand to be WPMU, but not on other installations. There is the stylesheet issue with wordpress.com, though. Just putting in the URL on wordpress.com when adding to Live Writer was enough to get it to work. I have tried all other combos on Live Writer with my own installation with no luck. Some of those come back with that same wp.getusersblog error.

Using Live Writer with WMPU is a major enhancement, and it is surprising that there is so little info on it.

If you Google about WMPU you will find issues regarding support in the community that leaves a lot to be desired. Such leads to frustration on the part of those giving it a try. Some of us do it as a hobby and not as a commercial enterprise.

Mr. Billets, I apologize for railing on you, as my post that was unanswered on the subject for over 3 days previous to that post kind of set me off. You have been gracious in YOUR response to my frustration.

Unfortunately, the storing of info on forums such as this one and most others makes it very difficult to follow threads. You have the posting in the wrong place, the different releases, the going off on tangents, and all sorts of things to frustrate people looking for answers. The nature of the beast. In the absence of a nice updated FAQ where some of those issues can be readily resolved a little kindness and understanding on legitimate inquiries goes a long ways.

17. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

I don't know the answer either, but would like to point out both threads are dealing with subdirectory installs. Anyone notice the same on subdomains?

18. jefflyne
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yes I've been using subdomains and having problems accessing the xmlrpc file.

19. stodan
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks wehican for getting my and your back. Thank you the others for contributing what they could. But nontheless It just seems that nobody has answer to this. I have tried numerous different software Blogjet, window live writer, bloggar, linux based blogsautomator) and have not been able to establish a remote connection with wordpress MU 1.5.1.

I am quite sure that it has nothing to do with the subdomains because I have created blogs on other free blog hosts that have subdomains albeit run older version of wpmu. I tried to download an older version of xmlrpc.php but to no avail. You can download the older ones here http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-mu/tags/
    for those that want to test.

For example I try to setup blogjet with my wordpress MU install I get this error "server error. requested method wp.getuserblogs does not exist (EgetrecentError)"

How many others can not connect to their WPMU 1.5.1 installs remotely via an external program? I mean the very purpose of WPMU is to use it as a MULTI user, so that many different users can connect remotely to it and mantain their blogs with whatever program of their choice.
    Did WPMU 1.5 come off release candidate status too early.....

20. amanzi
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've just tested this with Live Writer and I'm also getting the same error:

Blog Server Error - Server Error -32601 Occurred
    server error. requested method wp.getUsersBlogs does not exist.
    You must correct this error before proceeding.

I'm running WPMU 1.5.1 with subdomains.

21. amanzi
    Posted 15 years ago #

And I just tried posting to my wordpress.com account and it works fine (although there was a delay in the post appearing which may be due to cahcing.)

So Wordpress.com have a version of xmlrpc.php which is working with 1.5.1 - any of the Automattic guys care to share?

I've submitted a ticket on trac for the error: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/631

22. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

I tried using the xmlrpc.php from WP 2.5.1 and WPMU 1.3.3 with the same results. I did manage to get WLW to setup the account by using the wp-atom.php. That was inputting the base blog/wp-atom.php. I tried using a user created blog URL, but it couldn't find the wp-atom. When I went to viewing the site it displayed the base blog. I tried a test post, but it came back with the wpgetuserblog notice. However, it did show the additional blog on the sign in.

I tried all of those with and without the privacy setting set. Same thing.

I dunno. Wish I was a programmer. I think something is broke. :-)

23. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

When it was setting up the account it asked if it should check for the theme, just like it did on wordpress.com, and just like on wordpress.com it said it couldn't download the style sheet, but could still be used.

24. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

Just found another post re the same problem someone put up a couple of days ago.

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=8239

He says the blogs he had activated before upgrading to 1.5.1 still work fine.

25. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

I was looking over the xmlrpc.php, not that I know what I am looking at, and the only references to getusersblog are for blogger.getusersblog and metaweblog.getusersblog. The same for WP 2.5.1. No reference to a wp.getusersblog as shown on the error received, as in the post Amanzi made above.

"Blog Server Error - Server Error -32601 Occurred
    server error. requested method wp.getUsersBlogs does not exist.
    You must correct this error before proceeding."

26. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

ScribeFire works just fine, so it's not an MU issue but probably the program you're trying to use. That being the potential problem, your best bet is to contact the software vendor, as it seems their program is not compatible at this point.

27. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well, I tried adding this line to the Wordpress API in xmlrpc.php and it went a little further. Now it says the username and password is wrong, though that is not true.

'wp.getUsersBlogs' => 'this:blogger_getUsersBlogs',

There is no wp.getusersblogs in the WPMU or WordPress xmlrpc.php, yet WLW works on wordpress.com and WP 2.5.1 blogs I have.

Could it be a htaccess issue or a missing link?

28. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

I noticed there is a trac ticket about something similar (recent) that you might want to add some details to.

Trent

29. amanzi
    Posted 15 years ago #

@lunabyte - I just installed and tested ScribeFire and it doesn't work fine with my installation of WPMU 1.5.1

I get the following error when configuring the blog account:

Login Error
    Please check your username and password for errors and try again.

(and yes - I'm using the correct username/password.)

@lunabyte - I don't suppose you have a copy of Windows Live Writer you can test against your WPMU site, do you? I'm picking that it would probably work for you as you've got ScribeFire working. Have you got anything special in your htaccess file, or have you modified the xmlrpc stuff at all?

30. jefflyne
    Posted 15 years ago #

@lunabyte This is WP 1.5.1 issue, there are over 5 3rd party softwares that are not working with the latest release.

About this Topic