The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

doncha needs love too (9 posts)

1. BondageRadio
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok... I'm sorry to all the people out there who love to complain about how this is broken and/or that is broken... I'm guilty of the same conduct myself...

But lets take a really good look at what has been done right in this latest release of WPMU.

1) It's free... that alone should shut the nay sayers up in their tracks. The php scripts here are the sum total of hundreds of thousands of man hours in heavy duty scripting. More work than any one person should have to 'DONATE' for a community who's secondary occupations are to complain.

2) It's Fast and it's HOT and even in it's most BASIC form, it WORKS. Think about it, we complain about how this is broken or that doesn't look right.. the only reason you can pick out these tarnished jewels is because the rest of it WORKS WELL.

3) The Man works ALONE... yes, he has his family... (And congrats on the new baby if I haven't mentioned it already) But lets face it, there is no team of developers just down the hall to throw troubled code at, and expect results by mid afternoon.

That's not all... nor is it all I'm going to praise... but I am going to suggest that others post here, their favorite feature or some other POSITIVE note about WPMU and the work going on in here, as a break from all the negative we see in all the other parts of the forums.

2. jasonkuter
    Posted 15 years ago #

I second, third, fourth, etc... doncha has been amazing and is trying his best. Either contribute to the solution or pay someone to fix your issue. FOSS is about community, not demanding things from people who don;t have enough time as it is. My 2c.

3. jasonkuter
    Posted 15 years ago #

Oh yeah, to be positive, I am using WPMU 1.5.1 in a 2000 user corporate environment using LDAP as a custom back end. I love it and my users love it. And hey, whats not to love?

4. andrewbillits
    Posted 15 years ago #

@Jasonkuter
    I don't want to through this thread off topic but have a question for you. Could you toss me an email at andrew AT wpmudev.org?

5. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

@ BondageRadio and @ Donncha,

Thanks for posting this. I can't give enough praise to Donncha for the work he does, and so graciously shares with us all. So, Donncha, please consider this a heart-felt, genuine, THANK YOU from me. You have allowed me to create and share, and also to find amazing people, places, and things I would have otherwise not known about if it weren't for being able to explore websites built on WPMU and being able to develop my own. THANK YOU for making my world a smaller....and much larger...place at the same time.

As an aside, and I hope this isn't too weird. I find this post very timely as I had a dream two nights ago in which Donncha played a part. The dream involved being at a "little league" soccer game, and you were the coach (or maybe the referee of the team/game. It's probably due to me spending a lot of time on my WPMU install lately;)

We all appreciate you and the work you do!

6. BondageRadio
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yea, Dude... just a little weird...

Weird is good though too... I guess... staying positive here... how do you creep out a guy named BondageRadio?...

moving on...

7. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ha! Yeah, sorry to be creepy, let's stay positive;)

8. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeah, Donncha rocks. :)

9. mikeboy3
    Posted 15 years ago #

I agree, WPmu might have it's little flaws here and there, but it is just the BEST solution for all of us out there, and Donncha is doing a really good job at keeping it running, we are all very proud of you!

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by BondageRadio
  • Latest reply from mikeboy3