The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Is there a User-submitted Event Calendar? (6 posts)

1. bobegods
    Posted 15 years ago #

Is there currently a plugin for a user-submitted event calendar?

In other words, I would like my users (or even non-registered users) to be able to imput events onto an event calendar. Does anyone know if there is something like this out there?

I've already searched the list of plugins and didn't find what I was looking for.

Any help?

2. sombra
    Posted 15 years ago #

this would be awesome. you have to consider though, that wordpress single user doesn't have a useful (to me, atleast) calender plugin...

3. dgilmour
    Posted 15 years ago #

Alex Tingle's Event Calendar plugin has worked well for us, where it's being used for school and class blogs. Entries are standard posts, so contributors need Author access. Post editor gets an "Event Editor" section; once start/end time/date(s) are added there, everything else is automatic.

Manage future events as an online calendar. Display upcoming events in a dynamic calendar, on a listings page, or as a list in the sidebar. You can subscribe to the calendar from iCal (OSX) or Sunbird.

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

just wanted to mention this as an addon i ncase you get it running with wpmu, I never tried... http://www.freshlabs.de/journal/archives/2006/10/wordpress-plugin-simile-timeline/

5. thierryyyyyyy
    Posted 15 years ago #

The previous link does not work ...

I would also like this kind of features, but not like "edubuzz" (dgilmour wpmu). I would like that a set of blogs (or just one) could add their events on the "main blog" of my wpmu.

So I'm really searching a wpMU version of this "event calendar plugin" (which seems good )

6. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

This one works well in WPMU (at least it did with WPMU 1.5.1)
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/events-calendar/

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by bobegods
  • Latest reply from VentureMaker