The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Turn off permalinks for all of WPMU. (6 posts)

1. InSides
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi All,

so I've installed WPMU on the root of my server but cannot seem to get permalinks to work, although I made sure every single setting in Apache, PHP and WP itself is where it is supposed to be.

Without actually going on about what is happening and how I should fix it, I simply want the system to work even without the permalinks, both the main blog and the sub-blogs.

So I went into the WPMU administration and turned permalinks off for the main blog, and it now works as it is supposed to [even without the pretty URLs].

But how do I set WPMU up so that it has permalinks disabled for all future child blogs [sub-blogs]? I can't even access the actual sub-blog administration since it requires permalinks?

Any help appreciated.

2. chinafla
    Posted 14 years ago #

there's a plugin called: Remove Permalinks Menu Item
    Author: Andrew Billits

you can find it in google.

3. andrewbillits
    Posted 14 years ago #

4. lunabyte
    Posted 14 years ago #

No permalinks? Ouch.

5. InSides
    Posted 14 years ago #

OK, thanks, but I am not sure I accurately descibed what I want to achineve.

Namely, I want to remove permalinks across WPMU altogether.

Currently, I can browse and use the main blog, but all of the links to the child blogs are presented in permalinks. I wanted to know how to remove those permalinks, if possible.

Example on Main Blog post:

http://blogserver.org/?p=1

Example on sub blog:

http://blogserver.org/childblog/

I would like to disable permalinks for the second example and manage to show the child blogs.

Thanks.

6. lunabyte
    Posted 14 years ago #

MU requires mod_rewrite, or equivalent.

You can't get something like:

?blog=243&p=1

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by InSides
  • Latest reply from lunabyte