The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Trying to Make WP-reCAPTCHA MU Compatible (42 posts)

1. BlaenkDenum
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hmm, you're using the latest version, 2.8.5? I thought I built that feature into 2.8.5, that was actually why I released that version. Also, you have it set up this way right?:

/mu-plugins/wp-recaptcha.php
    /mu-plugins/wp-recaptcha/all the other files

So basically put the wp-recaptcha folder inside mu-plugins and then move wp-recaptcha.PHP up one level. Let me know if it works.

2. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

Blaenk, I had recaptcha installed then moved my install to another subdomain on my base domain. I just copied the install and database over and made a few changes.

However, it appears there is something in the database I need to change to make recaptcha work again. The options came up with the same key as the old location in the new location. I didn't get that notice I have to get a new key. I tried to get a new key, but it comes up with the same one. The signup looks normal but doesn't finish and loops back to the beginning. Can't get out of the loop.

Some guidance, please.

3. MazZziKa
    Posted 15 years ago #

have a problem .. recaptch redirect me to register page again after i finish registeration

4. Aircut
    Posted 15 years ago #

Same issue as MazZziKa, Registration just go in a loop, recaptch redirect to register page again

5. jasonsfa98
    Posted 15 years ago #

Extra CSS provided by wp-recaptcha.php can mess up a custom login screen.

Easy fix.

http://jason.solidblog.com/2008/10/24/recaptcha-plugin-and-bm-custom-login/

6. BlaenkDenum
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have noticed many people have been experiencing the problem that MazZziKa and Aircut are having. That is, the reCAPTCHA works (If one enters the wrong text then it will not go on to the next step) but on the final step of registration, users are redirected to the first step of the registration process.

I would appreciate it if any developer would help me out with this one, since I am at loss of ideas. Here are the registration handlers:

// Check the recaptcha on WordPress MU
    function check_recaptcha_wpmu($result) {
       global $_POST, $recaptcha_opt;

if (isset($_POST['blog_id']))
    		return $result;

if (empty($_POST['recaptcha_response_field']) || $_POST['recaptcha_response_field'] == '') {
    		$result['errors']->add('blank_captcha', 'Please complete the reCAPTCHA.');
    		return $result;
       }

$response = recaptcha_check_answer($recaptcha_opt['privkey'],
          $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'],
          $_POST['recaptcha_challenge_field'],
          $_POST['recaptcha_response_field'] );

if (!$response->is_valid)
    		if ($response->error == 'incorrect-captcha-sol') {
    			$result['errors']->add('captcha_wrong', 'That reCAPTCHA was incorrect.');
    		echo "<div class=\"error\">Incorrect CAPTCHA</div>";
    		}

return $result;
    }

And here are the hooks:

if ($recaptcha_opt['re_registration']) {
       if ($wpmu == 1)
       {
    		add_filter('wpmu_validate_user_signup', 'check_recaptcha_wpmu');
          add_filter('wpmu_validate_blog_signup', 'check_recaptcha_wpmu');
       }

I will continue to investigate.

7. BlaenkDenum
    Posted 15 years ago #

Maybe it has something to do with what is at the top of wp-signup.php?

if( is_array( get_site_option( 'illegal_names' )) && $_GET[ 'new' ] != '' && in_array( $_GET[ 'new' ], get_site_option( 'illegal_names' ) ) == true ) {
    	wp_redirect( "http://{$current_site->domain}{$current_site->path}" );
    	die();
    }

do_action("signup_header");

function signuppageheaders() {
    	echo "<meta name='robots' content='noindex,nofollow' />\n";
    }

if( $current_blog->domain . $current_blog->path != $current_site->domain . $current_site->path ) {
    	wp_redirect( "http://" . $current_site->domain . $current_site->path . "wp-signup.php" );
    	die();
    }
  8. BlaenkDenum
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have fixed it, expect everything to be fine for the next release, 2.9.2, which should be out tomorrow :)

9. fs1502
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thank you BlaenkDenum, I just installed this plugin yesterday and realised the fault.

Now after searching the forums I've found your post which on one hand confirms the bug and on the other hand announces a new release with a fix.

Great work!

10. agreda
    Posted 14 years ago #

I just activated reCAPTCHA 2.9.4 on a WordPress MU 2.7.1 install to prevent spam registrations.

http://rvblogz.com/wp-signup.php

It appears to be working, however it does not display error messages if the field is left blank (or wrong). The page just refreshes with form data gone. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

11. agreda
    Posted 14 years ago #

Just discovered another glitch...

After installing reCAPTCHA on WPMU 2.7.1 and enabling it for blog registration, member admins cannot add users to their blog from the Users tab.

Any attempt to do so returns an error message to complete the reCAPTCHA words shown, however, the reCAPTCHA does not display in the backend, so this is impossible. Therefore adding new users to a WPMU member blog cannot be done.

Any suggestions?!?!?

12. agreda
    Posted 14 years ago #

Spoke to soon ... upgrading to reCAPTCHA 2.9.5 solved the backend "add new user" issue.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by BlaenkDenum
  • Latest reply from agreda