The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

IndieLab.org (14 posts)

1. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

This is my first MU development, and after many months of forum searching, help from many users here and elsewhere, and MANY modifications, I'm happy to be able to finally announce the Beta version of my MU site, http://indielab.org/

Any and all feedback is welcome. Everything from the general look of the site, to it's included functionality. Please know that I still have a lot of work to do in order to make it as easy as possible for media creators to get "up and running", and I have a long to-do list.

As I said, any feedback is welcome, especially on things that may be broken. Looking forward to hearing from you.

2. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

Can anyone take a few minutes to have a look and point out anything that doesn't look or function right?

Again, my sincere thanks goes out to everyone on these forums who have helped me, and others obtain their MU goals:)

3. mrhenry
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's a nice design, clean and clear. The only bit that disturbes me a tiny bit is the square shaped banner thingy on the bottom left of the page that leaves a big empty space on the bottom.

4. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks for the feedback mrhenry.

I know that is ugly. That is there because I'm trying to promote through http://entrecard.com and it's required. I'm going to keep it there for awhile because I've driven pretty good traffic to my other blogs through EntreCard. I plan to fill that space horizontal space with other advertisers or information. At least if it's a full row it'll look a bit better;)

Thanks again for the feedback!

5. MrBrian
    Posted 15 years ago #

Very nice design. Your signup page though makes the login form at top right have a scrollbar.

6. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

you need a more fun font. the site looks cool and fun, but the font look 'all business-y'. i love the graphics, but like i said, the font used isn't striking the proper tone. great work.

7. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

@ MrBrian,

Thanks, I'm using the WPRemix theme as a base, but I've hacked it up pretty good;) Good call on the signup page scroll, I'll have that corrected soon!

@ demonicume,

I can see what you mean, I'll have to give this some thought. I'll take any suggestions for fonts:)

8. awarner20
    Posted 15 years ago #

@ demonicume,

Can you contact me through my site? I have found a couple things on your site that I wanted to let you know about.

9. caspararemi
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've tried using WPRemix but as MU doesn't give you access to theme options pages I'm finding it incredibly frustrating.
    I've used WPRemix on another site but then changed back to a more traditional layout then when setting up MU I realised it would make a great front page to my MU signup site. Unfortunately, not being able to use it properly is a nightmare ;)

10. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Might want to take that up with the theme developer, especially if it's a paid theme.

11. qzplx
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi, Its seems we create in same template, I can feel it :p, but im courious how to make login form in the front page like that ?

mine here

http://dev.yudanto.com

Thanks in advance,
    Raffaell

12. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"as MU doesn't give you access to theme options pages"

Now that I re-read this - yes, MU *does* give you access to those pages. If they are coded correctly.

They are the one thing that usually bombs if a theme doesn't work in MU. (which, I will note, is not MU's fault.)

13. caspararemi
    Posted 15 years ago #

Very well, though I wasn't implying MU was doing anything wrong. Using this theme, I can not access the admin page for the WP Remix theme. It doesn't change my question, which was how do other people using it administer it?

14. virtualburn
    Posted 15 years ago #

If I'm honest, It looks pretty bland. I'm thinking of getting this WP-Remix theme and if this was an example, I'd have second thoughts. The site seems to function well but the look is not as crisp and well constructed as I would expect from a professional site. Typography is everything and the eye is more clever than you think at picking up slight discrepancies with spacing and line height.

It's a good attempt but needs work.

Less is more.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by awarner20
  • Latest reply from virtualburn