The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Several Upload Problems (14 posts)

1. deltakid
    Posted 15 years ago #

I just installed 1.5.1 and run into several odd problems with the media uploader.

First of all in IE7 the media uploader shows up too low on the screen so that I can't press any buttons. Did anyone have the same problems or knows a way to fix it?

The second problem is that I get a "http error" if I try uploading via the flash uploader in IE7 and on a user created blog. The non flash uploader works without problems.

In Firefox and on the main blog everything works fine. The media uploader window is in the middle of the browser window and the flash upload works.

I tried all the directory permission stuff for blogs dir but nothing seems to help.

Any advice would be great.

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

is your http error something like this plugin is trying to fix? have a look: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/image-upload-http-error-fix/

3. deltakid
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks, I tried this plugin as well but it didn't help. The funny thing is the uploader works on the main blog in Firefox but not on a user created blog.

The media upload window is also placed in the center of the page in Firefox for both the main and a user created blog. This is never the case with IE7.

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

you coudl always try the no-flash-uploader plugin ;-) I know it does not make your problem go away, just offering it as an alternative until you sort this out.

and besides that, did you try and find out more about this http error? what do your log files say? Any hint?

5. deltakid
    Posted 15 years ago #

Firefox gives me this Actionscript error user blogs:

Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2038: File I/O Error.

I guess this also happens in IE but it doesn't show it.

6. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's always a plus to search for a specific error when you get one. Looks like a mod_security error. Recently mod_security code was added to the htaccess file. Can you please verify that this code was also added to your htaccess file?

7. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

Can you try something a touch off the wall and let us know how you go...

... change your password in /wp-admin/profile.php

It doesn't have to change to anything different (you can just use the same one you are currently using).

We're guessing that this has something to do with older MD5 based passwords. That there's some sort of authentication when uploading the files and that the function is only capable of understanding PHPASS based passwords.

Anyone else confirm or deny this?

8. deltakid
    Posted 15 years ago #

tdjcbe my htaccess is fine and has the latest updates thanks for the suggestion though. I already googled for the error (thats the first thing I always do) but could not find any similar problems. It is a vanilla install on a popular shared host (hostgator). I have other older wpmu versions running as well without any problems.

Farms, i did what you said but it didn't make any difference. For now I'm ok because I have put the no flash uploader plugin in the mu plugins folder so it is disabled for all blogs.

Anyway I would love to get it working.

9. Karen Neufeldt
    Posted 15 years ago #

I am having trouble uploading a file that ends with htm. It will not insert into the post.

Any suggestions?

10. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

It will not insert into the post.

It's always a plus to tell us what specifically is occurring. Are you getting an error? Dancing penguins? Men in black showing up at your front door?

Check to see if *.htm is one of the allowed file types within Dashboard -> Site Admin -> Settings.

edit: To be honest, I wouldn't be allowing *.htm uploads. Too much of a risk.

11. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have the same problem uploading. Using IE7 and Vista the bottom of the screen gets cut off. If I switch from the flash uploader to using the browser uploader I can start the upload, but it doesn't seem to finish. The picture shows up, but the upload screen doesn't go away. If I close that screen the picture is no longer in the editor. Using IE7 and XP the browser uploader works, but the screen is still cut off at the bottom.

12. deltakid
    Posted 15 years ago #

A similar problem was reported on wordpress.com a while ago but was fixed. Maybe it is not fixed in the mu version yet.

13. wehican
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have the same problem with Wp 2.5.1, but haven't found a fix for it, either.

14. deltakid
    Posted 15 years ago #

Where can we open a bug ticket?

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by deltakid
  • Latest reply from deltakid