The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Any dats on using magazine-style themes as portal page for WMPu site (4 posts)

1. billdennis5
    Posted 15 years ago #

Basically, I would like the front page to The Blog Peoria Network to be a portal to specific member blogs -- without having to manually change links all the time. I'm not talking about a list of the most recently updated. I'd like to have a graphic/avatar for each site, with the top/most recent article, with maybe a list of two or three other recent posts. Has anyone any experience/advice doing this with theme like Mimbo, Branford Magazine, etc?

Thank you for any help or advice or examples ...

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yeah, it's very do-able. you just have to cobble the stuff together yourself with various plugins and stuff.

3. kahless
    Posted 15 years ago #

Can you be more specific andrea? I'm trying to put together a site that will have a small number of blogs (<12). My boss would like to use the Branford Magazine theme with modified colors and such. The featured articles area and lead story area will be pulled from the main blog. What is called the rightcol in the style should pull posts from a specific category of other blogs on the site. It would be nice if the feature for pulling the image based on a key associated with the post could be retained. Right now the rightcol is using $display_categories = array(3,4,5,6); to be told what categories to display and I can't think of how this could be adapted to do what I want. So, if there are plugins that I could use to pull a specified number of posts from a specified category of other blogs on the site, I'm interested in finding them. Thanks.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

The only thing I can think of in a case like that is to do drmike's sitewide categories setup (with all blog posts going to a seperate WP blog) and pull in the entries from that.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by billdennis5
  • Latest reply from andrea_r