The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Introducing warhammerblogs.com (19 posts)

1. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi guys!

I wanted to pimp out a little bit about a really nice site I recently worked on.

http://warhammerblogs.com

This was a collaborative effort between me and the guys who run it. They made it look pretty and decided what features they wanted, Ron and I made it work.

Cool stuff:
    - main page is a news grid
    - sitewide branding
    - integrated support forum, themed to match
    - pretty much custom everything

There's still some work to be done (isn't there always?) but it launched yesterday. Thought you might want to have a peek.

2. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

Very nice - Now if only I knew what Warhammer was :)

3. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Can't believe it. Warhammer! Is it an online game now or something? Good looking site Andrea.

4. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

I thought it was something to do with Vikings and Nordic god enthusiasts and was wondering how many people you would get in such a community :)

Only kidding....

5. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 15 years ago #

That is a beautiful site. I'm just curious what goes into a site of that quality? I suspect wpmu for the user blogs, but there is obviously much more going on with forum integration etc. How much time goes into a project like that?

Edit:

... Or I could look at your wonderful blog site and learn all about it ...

6. billdennis5
    Posted 15 years ago #

sweet ...

7. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Effigy - 6 months of work from 3-4 people, that's what it took. :) I put about 30-40 hours in. (just off the top of my head, it was probably way more than that)

8. MrBrian
    Posted 15 years ago #

I guess i'm a nerd for knowing exactly what warhammer is. What kind's of fancy features does it have besides a very nice design?

9. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

Nice work Andrea, very impressive!

10. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm curious, given that the Warhammer brand has been around for years, was there any trouble getting the domain for the site? I've been having a terrible time getting any of the domain names I try mainly due to them being parked at places like sedo etc with bogus adspace on them.

11. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

I didn't buy the domain, so I dunno.

12. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sign-up page looks awesome

13. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Oh thanks, because I just about went nuts with it. :D

14. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Oh thanks, because I just about went nuts with it. :D

15. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

OOh I didn't click on the signup link. That's very nice. Well done.

16. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 15 years ago #

Everyone - Sincerely, Thank you for all of your feedback and kind words.

Andrea - I had no idea you posted this here, you're too nice to us as always.

Boonika - Yep they've made it into a MMORPG and kept the game true to it's spirit and roots. If you like Warhammer you will love how the game looks and feels. This is the link to the trailer, even if you don't play the game this is worth watching and honestly an amazing video: http://wardojo.warhammerblogs.com/tag/warhammer-online-trailer/

Effigy - We really put a lot of effort into this site and it's awesome that everyone seems to like it. My partner and I are hard core gamers and we're hoping that shows through in our work.

MrBrian - We have a list of benefits we offer our bloggers on our sign up page, it would be too many to list here. This is the signup link, if you have specific questions just let me know! http://www.warhammerblogs.com/whb-signup2.php

Effigy - I think I got pretty lucky on this one, I was surprised it was available myself and I scooped it right up.

Thanks again everyone!

Kevin

17. lunabyte
    Posted 15 years ago #

"Andrea - I had no idea you posted this here, you're too nice to us as always."

Boy howdy, she's got you fooled pretty well. :D

"I think I got pretty lucky on this one, I was surprised it was available myself and I scooped it right up."

Seems to have happened quite a bit lately. I've seem some really cool names that you would automatically think would be registered, yet there they are just ripe for the picking.

18. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"Boy howdy, she's got you fooled pretty well. :D"

*PPBBBTTHH*

19. mistrtim
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sweet looking site Andrea_r
    Your mu training blog is superb too. My assistant says it offers explanations in a way she can understand (I'd have to agree ;-) we aren't techs)
    I posted in this thread http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=8637
    where you were organizing a list of freelancers.
    I'm looking for help/advice on my site.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by andrea_r
  • Latest reply from mistrtim