The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WordPress MU 2.6 release candidate 1 (14 posts)

1. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 15 years ago #

Release candidate 1 is out today: Grab it from http://mu.wordpress.org/wordpress-mu-2.6-rc1.zip

Changes in this release include:
    1. Redirecting to the signup page for 404s and for unknown blogs is not enabled by default. Check out wp-config-sample.php for instructions.
    2. "allowed_themes" filter, much like the plugins filtered added previously.
    3. New functions: get_id_from_blogname(), is_main_blog().
    4. get_blog_details() can now take a blogname as well as a blog_id.
    5. Custom first posts didn't always work. Now they do.
    6. Blognames in the "Add blog" form in wpmu-blogs.php are now sanitized.
    7. Added "pre_site_option_*" and "site_option_*" filters like the similar option filters.
    8. Meta fields will be passed on signup again.
    9. Added an "admin_header_navigation" filter so the top right navigation in the backend can be customised.
    10. The signup page uses "blogname" instead of "blog_id" to avoid confusion with the global variable of the same name. Plugins will break if not updated!

If you haven't read Ryan's post about cookies in WordPress 2.6 you should go there now. We had to take a few shortcuts in MU so users could still login on each blog which explains all the constants defined in wp-config.php.
    One of the oddities of those changes is that visiting wp-login.php doesn't log you in again. Visiting wp-admin/ directly will work however. An easy way around this is wp_loginout() which prints a link to wp-admin if you're logged in, or wp-login.php if not.

Final WordPress MU 2.6 release very soon.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm putting this through the paces today.

3. GIGALinux
    Posted 15 years ago #

4. Farms
    Posted 15 years ago #

Very cool, we'll see what we can do for feedback.

5. jamescollins
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks Donncha!

I didn't think you had committed my filter request (http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/675), but saw this post and realised that you had.

I've updated the trac ticket with the revision number and closed the ticket.

Much appreciated.

6. MartinCleaver
    Posted 15 years ago #

Please update http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WPMU if you have particular instructions that others would benefit from.

7. jimgroom
    Posted 15 years ago #

All,

I have been playing pretty diligently with this beta release, and I haven;t run into many issues at all. The multi-file uploader is still MIA, but I find this release fixes the problems I was have with the ajax/java scripts killing the dashboard feeds with plugins like FeedWordPress. So, in short, it's looking good for me.

8. jimgroom
    Posted 15 years ago #

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but the option for images from a URL in the Add Media tab just gives a link, and the look and feel of the Add Media feature is different than the single WP. Can others confirm this issue for me?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3047/2692942597_a45e4dbc51_o.png

9. hardy101
    Posted 15 years ago #

Any word on when the final 2.6 release is due? Looking to start a project, but don't want to mess with code until the big upgrade is officially available.

10. rfrovarp
    Posted 15 years ago #

@jimgroom

Yes, it is different. Check out wp-admin/includes/mu.php around line 661 where it removes the default media buttons and show only the one. Commenting out the add and remove will restore it to how WP works.

11. jimgroom
    Posted 15 years ago #

@rfovarp

Excellent, thank you. I'll try ti out shortly and see how it goes. Appreciate the confirmation.

12. xodeus
    Posted 15 years ago #

it is working very good as an standalone, but the upgrade procedure breaks my wpmu installation. I only have the option to start new blogs.
    So please anyone update the info about upgrading... :D

Thank you.

13. bloggus
    Posted 15 years ago #

Have anyone tried the press-it function in this release?

Same problem is easy to reproduce in writing a regular post.

Seems like one problem is that "'" (or might be other characters also) in the URL is replaced with %e2%80%99 in the slug.

Do you think it is WPMU och a core WP issue? Just curious before I add in as a bug ...

14. hardy101
    Posted 15 years ago #

2.6 (final) is out today - July 28th! Time to upgrade.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by donncha
  • Latest reply from hardy101