The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

MU Admin Bar (7 posts)

1. horrorshow
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've recently installed MU Admin Bar, and I must say that it's really nice. I've also went ahead and modified all the themes so that the theme is shifted down 28 pixels. (Modifying style.css or modifying the body tag in header.php on some of the stubborn ones.)

While doing this, I noticed that some of the themes don't show the MU Admin Bar.

The themes that don't work, that I found so far, are:
    Cordobo Green Park 0.9.2 BETA 11
    Bluebird 1.0
    Borderline Chaos

Some sample blogs that the MU Admin Bar doesn't show up.
    http://achillesblog.com/karentennisjunkie
    http://achillesblog.com/jennt1527

Please let me know if there is a fix for this. I searched and found information about shifting the designs down, but not so much on this particular problem. thanks.

2. MrBrian
    Posted 15 years ago #

check that the themes have the wp_footer call in the footer.php file.

3. horrorshow
    Posted 15 years ago #

MrBrian - thanks that was the problem. Fixed those three themes, and I'll be fixing more as I find them. Quite time consuming to shift every theme down by 28 px, but I suppose it's necessary.

4. dsader
    Posted 15 years ago #

You'll like my suggestion, then, just add a

body {padding-top: 28px !important;}

to the admin bar style and you are done.

(View the source code of any wordpress.com blog)

5. horrorshow
    Posted 15 years ago #

dsader - thanks. I wish I had known about this earlier. now that I've fudged most of the theme's css by adding the padding-top tags, it'll shift down the design by 56px.

I am going to miss those 3 hours of my life. :(

6. kahless
    Posted 15 years ago #

I updated the plugin with dsader's change.

7. copperblade
    Posted 15 years ago #

I had always used body padding-top of 24px... just seems to work better for me.

When I finally got around to merging this new version with my customized version it took a little while due to modifications.

kahless, if you want my modifications, I'd be happy to send my version now so that you can include the parts that you like. I've eliminated the need for dealing with the database directly, for example.

Just let me know how I can send it to you.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by horrorshow
  • Latest reply from copperblade