The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

A question about linking to my site. (4 posts)

1. Hawkslayer
    Posted 15 years ago #

First I should explain that I'm not very good with php. I installed the latest version of MU on my site and have it working fine. I got a friend to login and test it out and everything appears to be working like it should.

I have it installed in a sub-folder thus: Http://wywebsite/com/wordpress-mu

I want a link on most wordpress pages to take the user back to my website from wordpress. I have to confess that I don't know where to put it. Like I said, I don't know much php. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Hawkslayer..

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"I want a link on most wordpress pages to take the user back to my website from wordpress. "

I have to confess I'm not sure where you mean. The backend? On the member's blogs?

3. musnake
    Posted 15 years ago #

How many themes will your users be able to choose?

Some themes use widgets, others don't.
    For the themes that use widgets, you could have your friend set up a "Text Widget" with a title of "Visit Main Site" or something and the Click Here to visit my main site link below it or something.

If the theme doesn't use widgets, you'd have to edit the theme files e.g. the file that deals with the footer to add the link at the bottom of every page, like near your copyright...

Is that what you mean?

4. Hawkslayer
    Posted 15 years ago #

Mike and Musnake - Thanks a lot, I appreciate your replies. The widget idea is just what I needed to make the link on the blog pages. One more question please, how can I put a similar link on the login and signup pages. I'd like to be in the position that no matter where they are, they can get out and back to the site, and I'm not skilled enough to do it without help.

Hawkslayer..

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by Hawkslayer
  • Latest reply from Hawkslayer