The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Embed Flash in Posts - No Go (14 posts)

1. scotm
    Posted 15 years ago #

Having trouble embedding Flash embed code into posts using WPMU w/2.6. I have a plugin to enabled easy embed of scribd.com ipaper docs into wordpress for example but they don't work. In fact when you hit save the code disappears altogether. Neither does code from a similar provider (edocr.com) so I'm thinking this is a wpmu/wp issue. Anyone have any idea why this won't work?

2. dgilmour
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's normal for WordPress to strip out any scripting tags. This is done deliberately for security reasons.

Plugins typically require you to use a special syntax in your post instead. Usually this will be summarised on the Plugin's entry in the Plugin menu; have a look there. I'd expect it to look something like:
    [scribd xxxxxxxxx]
    - where the second part is a code that identifies your item on scribd.

3. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

There is an "embed" plugin on wpmudev.org that can give you an example of allowing certain embeds. I think reviewing viper's plugin or other media plugins for youtube might give you some examples as well.

Trent

4. scotm
    Posted 15 years ago #

Actually, scribd has that format for their plugin code but it doesn't work either. Example:

[ipaper docId=”12345” access_key=”a0s9d8a0s9d8” height=”600” width=”400” /]

Thx

5. dgilmour
    Posted 15 years ago #

Just tried it on a 1.5.1 site, and it's just displaying the word Scribd, linked to Scribd.com. :(

6. scotm
    Posted 15 years ago #

Agreed...not sure why it can't work. I see what I believe to be other Wordpress blogs using scribd, edocr, or docstoc embedded files but I can't seem to get it to work.

Thx

7. RDI
    Posted 15 years ago #

Kimili Flash Embed:

Has anyone tried this plugin ?

Got it loaded - Just don't understand the specifics of it:

..yet !

http://kimili.com/plugins/kml_flashembed

8. Paamayim
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello.

Really, me, the admin of wpmu, is not allowed to post whatever the code I want?

I have a pre-generated code to paste that is a mix of div,img,object,param tags, and whenever I post it, it's all messed up.

After reading the above posts, the solution to this would be:

1- put hands on source code who generates the code above to be used in a plugin
    2- write the plugin itself who read the code above and expand it in the html form?

Thanks for the help.

9. Paamayim
    Posted 15 years ago #

No way? am I forced to make/use a plugin?

10. Paamayim
    Posted 15 years ago #

No idea? am i forced to make/use a plugin?

11. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Paamayim, here is one of possible solutions:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/additional-tags

12. bszoka
    Posted 15 years ago #

This is insane! Any other recommendations for good plugins to fix this problem?

13. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/unfiltered-mu/

But this is across the board.Don't use on a free-for-all site where anyone can sign up.

Yes, MU strips tags, even for admin.

14. kgraeme
    Posted 15 years ago #

There was a version of unfiltered-mu that limited it to site admin only, but I can't find the thread on it anymore.

About this Topic