The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WordPress MU 2.6.1 beta 1 (11 posts)

1. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 15 years ago #

A first beta of the new MU 2.6.1 is now available and the zip file can be downloaded now.

This is a sync of WordPress 2.6.1, a bugfix release but this WordPress MU release addresses some serious problems with MU 2.6 and is a recommended upgrade.

If no major problems are reported, the final 2.6.1 will be released on Monday or Tuesday.

2. albert.a.g
    Posted 15 years ago #

I wait that this new version get more secure. The other day hacked somes of my WPMU blogs

3. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thank you for your effort.

4. MrBrian
    Posted 15 years ago #

@albert

I don't think any of us are aware of any security issues with the current version of WPMU. Perhaps you should make a thread and detail the "hacking" so we can determine if there is a new security flaw.

The major problem donncha mentions is a bug that can delete unintended blogs when removing a blog, this release fixes that.

5. albert.a.g
    Posted 15 years ago #

@MrBrian: I think that is a WP 2.6 bug, because they hacked two days after the new wordpress 2.6.1 (I think that because from the next day of the new version, enter many chinese searching "powered by wordpress mu" and my page is in spanish). The bug isn't important, only change the tittle of somes blogs and create a new post.

PD: Sorry for my bad english

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

So... you had a bunch of spam blogs show up in Chinese?

7. albert.a.g
    Posted 15 years ago #

@andrea_r: No, i havenĀ“t spam blogs. Only have 1 spam blog in english, but i delete it. The chinese only enter to wp-signup.php but no create blogs...

8. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Anyone has an opinion on this?
    http://vanilla.semiologic.com/discussion/4551/do-not-upgrade-to-wordpress-26/#Item_0

I'm still on 1.5.1 and maybe is better to wait 2.6.1. Should be out any minute now:)

9. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

It is. :) http://ocaoimh.ie/

10. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hoooooolyyyyyyyyyyy Shmooooooolyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

Runs fine on my live site with dozens of plugins.

I like how Donncha changes his theme everyday. :D

About this Topic