The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Upgrade Message (12 posts)

1. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

So I'm waiting for 2.6.1 and thinking to myself... "What has happened to that annoying upgrade message?". You know, the one that starts something like "WordPress MU is outdated and needs to be upgraded..." and which shows up in front of all blog owners faces. Well I would like to "kill" that message before I even upgrade. Any suggestions? I hang out on this forums a lot and I didn't miss any of last 5-6 versions so I really won't bee sad if I don't see that message ever again. Thanks.

2. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

You're thinking of the upgrade message in regular WP. It's not in the backend of MU.

4. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

But it was. I remember it. "Please inform your admin that new version of...". Am i crazy? I don't know after all those MU and single installations. I'm almost sure that version prior to 1.5.1 had it. I think it was 1.3.2 or something.

5. MrBrian
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ya i was going to comment on this, but I wasn't sure since i stay pretty up to date. I've actually never seen it in WPMU or any such change in Trac for it.

6. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks for letting me know. That's it. I'm crazy.

7. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

boonika, it's probably hot weather in your part of the world. A hot day playes same tricks with me :)

8. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

:)

9. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well it is cold now and I again I see that message:

"WordPress 2.6.3 is available! Please update now."

I'll make a screenshot, just in case people in white coats show up at my door.

10. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Please don't. There's already two other threads discussing this:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=10040
    http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=9859

11. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok, ok... but I started first:) Didn't saw those two threads. Sorry.

12. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Not a problem. Just wanted to make sure you saw the other threads. Didn't want you to cause you any more3 work.

About this Topic