The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Permissions for Install? (2 posts)

1. unadulterated_devin
    Posted 15 years ago #

This isn't the first time that I've installed WPMU, but for some reason I simply cannot get the index.php page to work. I am getting various different errors, from access denied to 404 (the page exists!) and of course the following:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant VHOST in /home/saltydog/public_html/blogs/wp-settings.php on line 100

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant VHOST in /home/saltydog/public_html/blogs/wpmu-settings.php on line 33
    No WPMU site defined on this host. If you are the owner of this site, please check Debugging WPMU for further assistance.

I believe the above to be a problem with the permissions settings, but I have tried *every* different setting that I can think of and nothing is coming up right. The ReadMe isn't specific in the actual permissions needed and on what files and folders. Please help!

2. MrBrian
    Posted 15 years ago #

Try searching the forum for "Couldn't find constant VHOST". Lots of threads on this topic with various solutions.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by unadulterated_devin
  • Latest reply from MrBrian