The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Sitewide Feed (213 posts)

1. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Now I remember...
    HEY! Some handy programmer should rewrite the thing and make everyone happy! :D I bet they'd get showered with love! :D

2. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

The 3.2 version of the plugin appears to work fine with wpmu 1.3. I do note though that I am having the problem with new blogs being assigned '0' to the 'public' record though within wp_blogs database table. That may be folks issue. (It was on mine.)

I don't see any problem with the plugin right off on a 1.3 test install.

3. shaythong
    Posted 16 years ago #

@theapparatus: So the O on the "public" key in the database means that new blogs will be having public view set to "no" right?

4. jbuckenmeyer
    Posted 16 years ago #

Can someone upload the plugin, that domain is down.

5. shaythong
    Posted 16 years ago #

@Jbunkenmeyer: Someone has posted it over at WPMUDev.org: http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/WPMU-Sitewide-Feed-Plugin---ITDamager

6. joshhighland
    Posted 16 years ago #

thank you for posting this, its working great!

7. shaythong
    Posted 16 years ago #

Is there anyway to make this work with WP-Super-Cache?

8. tychoish
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm having a couple of problems with this thing. It stopped working randomly but I seem to have fixed that. Anyway, here's my issues:

1. The plugin doesn't provide correct permalinks to entry, it assumes everything is in the root blog, and it won't make those links accurate.

2. It won't save its settings to the database. I keep looking in wp_sitemeta, there's nothing in there for site feed. I keep trying to update the settings/options but it doesn't work. Or reset them. Nothing catches.

I'm **not** using subdomains, and I've tried to set it to trigger on a non-1 blog, but given problem 2, that isn't working. Also, I've done everything to get the cache to work, but again, I still get the warning and what not.

9. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have no idea what's going on with it, as it randomly stopped working on my install too.

10. bwinn
    Posted 16 years ago #

me too, not working anymore... bummer!

11. Trent
    Posted 16 years ago #

I haven't had any issues since I made sure it was working the with checkbox to use the "object cache" and actually turned on object cache which is working with the TRAC rev 1201.

Trent

12. ehab
    Posted 16 years ago #

( Bringing up the dead.. )

Finally figured out how to ditch the "Hello World!" posts.

- Edit wpmufeed.php

- Look for the function create_map.

- A couple lines down, you should see:

FROM ".$wpmuBaseTablePrefix.$blogid."_posts

- Change the following line to:

WHERE post_title != 'Hello World!' AND post_status = 'publish' AND (post_type = 'post' OR post_type = '') AND post_date_gmt < '".gmdate("Y-m-d H:i:s")."'

- I tried this - doesn't seem to work. Returns a no feeds *or similar when called :(

13. taeke
    Posted 15 years ago #

Is there any news about this plugin? Are there any similar plugins available? I can't seem to find them but I desperately need one that works better than the Sitewide Feed by itdamager.
    All it outputs is a combined feed of the main site and one (1) blog. All other blogs somehow kept out of the feed...

14. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Are the other blogs marked as private? I'm using the plugin on a few installs and it works fine.

15. Konstan
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've been trying to add latest entries to my homepage and I've tried this plugin but I cant save anything. When I click save it gives me an error and never saves.

I'd like to use this plugin since it includes all I need, latest posts/comments.

Anyone have the same problem?

16. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

It shoudl work without even visiting its options page.

just go to yoursite.com/wpmu-feed/

17. Konstan
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well it does work, but I want to edit some options and it wont let me.

18. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

after upgrading to wpmu 1.5.1 the plugin complains I am not using the object cache:

NOTE: Your WPMU is not using WP Object Cache. Performance will be degraded and site load increased. Please use the object cache for maximum performance.

But this is not true, I am using it... as it seems the object cache was taken out of wpmu, I did waht was suggested and started using the eaccelerator cache plugin, like stated in the readme, copied it to wp-content folder...

19. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

The plugin is designed to work with the object cache "file" system and that is what the check is based upon in the plugin file.

Trent

20. iraklis1908
    Posted 15 years ago #

From where can i download it? itdamager.com is not working

21. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Look up a few posts for the link.

22. iolaire
    Posted 15 years ago #

Since my WPMU sites are all my own (an I can list all my sites) I moved to: http://simplepie.org/wiki/plugins/wordpress/simplepie_plugin_for_wordpress/start using a custom template to output the needed RSS. So far I've been fairly happy with it. It seems much faster than http://code.google.com/p/wp-rss-combiner/ which I was using previously

23. iraklis1908
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks tdjcbe , got it

24. alexguzun
    Posted 15 years ago #

with WPMU 2.6 it won't work, at least for me
    when i upload the php to mu-plugins my blog doesn't render -> white screen

any clue?

25. MrBrian
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's a PHP error. Turn debugging on in wp-config and set display_errors to On so you can see it, or check error logs.

26. wildebees
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ovidiu you said:

"But this is not true, I am using it... as it seems the object cache was taken out of wpmu, I did waht was suggested and started using the eaccelerator cache plugin, like stated in the readme, copied it to wp-content folder... "

Can you provide more info. Is the object cache really not in wpmu anymore. And what read me are you talking about?

27. Trent
    Posted 15 years ago #

Object cache was taken out of the core. In the WPMU readme file included with every download is what they were referring to. I has some example object-cache substitutes if you want the object caching back.

Trent

28. SteveAtty
    Posted 15 years ago #

For some reaon its stopped working on my 2.6 installation so I put the latest version in and cleaned out all the old setup data and its slapping me down with messages like

Invalid trigger URL. Must be a relative path beginning with and ending with a "/". Default: /wpmu-feed/
    Invalid comments URL. Must be a relative path ending with a "/". Default: comments/
    Invalid pages URL. Must be a relative path ending with a "/". Default: pages/

When it suggests things like "?wpmu-feed=posts" for the relative path and "?wpmu-feed=comments" for Comments Feed.

This is on subdirectory install

29. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

I seem to remember that you had to be using the pretty permalinks for the plugin to work. If those are the urls being used, I'm leaning towards those permalinks not being set or something along those lines.

I'm wondering also if all of the bugs for subdirectories got worked out. I know there were issues previously.

30. SteveAtty
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well if you install it and don't change the settings it works on the ? style URLs but it looks like the plugin is designed to set different URLS for subdirectories and subdomains but the parameter check on save doesn't understand the subdirectory values!

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by itdamager
  • Latest reply from jeremybyrne