The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Uploading old database through Plesk (7 posts)

1. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

I had no problem with installing MU on my new VPS, mediatemple's dedicated virtual... Slice Host will have to wait for now:) Plesk interface also looks very nice. Now I want to upload my old database but I don't have a clue on where to find a link to MySQL inside Plesk. Is anyone here using Plesk? Maybe it sounds silly to you but that's what it's bothering me lately;)

2. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Problem solved. I just had to set browser to allow pop-ups! Dumb-dork! The thing was that I was clicking on 'DB WebAdmin' icon but I all I got was refreshed page. Everything's fine now:)

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Oh God I hate plesk....

4. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well I must say that I like it. At first I was confused because I usually use cPanel. I spent last 24 hours watching Parallels video tutorials and I don't think I've wasted my time for nothing;) I even think that we'll purchase one copy for our 'soon to be opened' small hosting company. I don't know, there are just too many solutions out there and all off them have their advantages and disadvantages.

5. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Considering the size of most mu database backups, I wouldn't be sending it through any web interface. I'd be doing it from the command line myself. Less processor overhead as well.

I know with cpanel, any uploaded file over a meg or two will pretty much slow down the box while it tries to deal with it.

6. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

How can you like Plesk ? What's wrong with you ? :D

7. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

@tdjcbe - Only 12MB:)

About this Topic