The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Multisite plugin and themes (16 posts)

1. hamzamu
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi , i Installed WordpressMU in order to run my sites with it , though i am using a Multisite Plugin to add sites .

The problem is : the themes i added in theme's directory , is not listed in any blog i created with multisite plugin , even i enabled this theme .

after some playing around i figured i can edit the sites configurations from user`s page and sites which attached to my account and add the name of the themes manually .

may i know is that the default and how i can fix this?

any suggestion ?!

2. hamzamu
    Posted 15 years ago #

Available Themes themes dose not showup with sites/blogs created with Multsite manager plugin !!!!!

am still trying to figure out whats the problem !!!

any help !

3. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

First of all, if I were you I would use this: http://ocaoimh.ie/wordpress-mu-domain-mapping/

Try and tell if it solves your problems.

4. hamzamu
    Posted 15 years ago #

trying it now , thanks :)

5. hamzamu
    Posted 15 years ago #

Got this message "Sorry, domain mapping only works on virtual host installs."

multisite manager is working perfectly without need so much stuff , just the themes and plugins !!!!!!

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ditch the multisite manager plugin. you only need it if you want eahc mapped blog to be their own MU installs.

Go to the sub-blogs edit page. Change all the URLs to the new domain.
    Voila, it works.

7. hamzamu
    Posted 15 years ago #

sorry Andrea , i am not getting you !

do u mean i don't need to use multisite plugin , unless i need a complete MU install on its domain ?!

sorry i am not fully understand !

8. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

You do not need the multisite plugin *unless* you want each "site" to also have the ability to have more blogs on those domains too.

main MU install = domain1.com
    2nd site = domain2.com mapped to subblog of domain1.com

Do you want domain2.com to have moreblogs.domain2.com? If not, you do not need the multisite plugin.

9. hamzamu
    Posted 15 years ago #

got you .

i need to configure domain1.com at a sub-blog ( what's better sub-domain or subdir ) and which plugin can do it ?

long story short , i need to install one wordpressMU install to handle many wordpress blogs , installs on other domains :

domain1.com
    domain2.net
    domain3.com

..etc

how can i achieve that ?

10. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

try this. it sounds interesting. i haven't had a chance yet to use it.

11. hamzamu
    Posted 15 years ago #

12. hamzamu
    Posted 15 years ago #

WPMU-enterprise dose not work at all !!
    what should i do exactly after i change the A record of the DNS , it still dose not see it , even after a day not hours !!!!

is there any other plugin that can work , to fix this issue !

i use http://www.habariproject.org/en/ and it's quite amazing , simple and easy in mapping unlimited domains , but can i work with wordpress !!*

UPDATE : trying this way now http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=9211#post-55204 !

13. boonika
    Posted 15 years ago #

Habari truly is AMAZING (tried it out) and I will install it for my personal art portfolio but it's still wearing dippers... I can wait. All I need know is more and more of MUUUUUUUU! Give me more:)

14. hamzamu
    Posted 15 years ago #

indeed , but its not that mature , and not that fully documented . but it's well supported . it got new moves and tricks though ;)

15. hamzamu
    Posted 15 years ago #

andrea_r THANK YOU , got u in this post http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=9211#post-55204 and it's Working Now .

However , i believe its not well documented , so someone need to add this to the wiki . i have been searching for over a week !

16. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

people who whine about free software piss me off. maybe you could pay the guy who freely coded the project to do something for you. other wise STFU and enjoy the free tech.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by hamzamu
  • Latest reply from demonicume