The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Scribefire and remote posting - solution! (3 posts)

1. mrarrow
    Posted 15 years ago #

Just thought I'd share the following solution as loads of people are still experiencing being unable to post to a Wordpress MU blog using Scribefire or Ecto etc. Searching around the web still reveals no helpful solutions.

SCENARIO: When adding a new account using Scribefire 3.1.2 to hook up to one of my Wordpress MU 2.6 blogs (top-level or subdomain), the 'Account Wizard' would fail, just after typing the username/password. The error would claim that the 'username or password is incorrect'. This was a useless error message as I'd typed in all the xmlrpc.php details correctly and the username/password WAS correct.

And yes, I'd also ticked the XMLRPC tickbox for both the top level and sub domain blogs that I was trying to connect to.

SOLUTION: So this time when I 'Added' a new account in Scribefire, I hooked it up to one of my Wordpress.com blogs instead (or just pick any blog that you know will work with Scribefire). Then, once the wizard was finished I simply went back into that new Scribefire account and edited those details to match the correct blog on my Wordpress MU system.

Lo and behold, it now all works perfectly and I can happily post remotely.

Eventually, someone will accept that there really is a problem and it'll get fixed, but until then, this solution may work for others too (and this fix should work with Ecto and other similar software too).

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

You may want to upgrade. There's been a couple of fixes to the code for xml-rpc since 2.6.

3. nggablog
    Posted 15 years ago #

I found the same problem to wpmu 2.7
    Just waiting for full released of this version.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by mrarrow
  • Latest reply from nggablog