The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Multiple sites under 1 install - suggestions (4 posts)

1. Guru06
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have spent the last few hours looking over multiple site managers. I have looked at WPMU Enterprise, domain mapping, and Multisite Manager. Let me explain what I am doing because I am unsure if I want to combine these sites or run them apart.

I have a site lets call it Mag, Mag wont have any blogs associated with it so it really could be just WP, Mag will be an collection of listing from the other 2 sites I have planned. But if I can get this to work cleanly I will use MU which is where the other sites come into play.

So we have Mag and then there will be Moms which will have blogs associated with it and then there is weddings which will have blogs associated with it as well. Now I will be admin for these 3 sites as well as admin for the server which is powerful enough for these blogs.

My question is do I use WPMU and setup the other 2 sites that will use blogs under one install or do I use 2 WPMU installs and one WP install. I have looked at the options out there and it seems like I can do this under 1 WPMU install with no problem but I wanted a second opinion so I dont have to do work twice. I ask this question of my seasoned WPMU users who may have traveled down this path what has worked for you.

Thanks!

2. Klark0
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'd do one WMPU install:
    Multisite Manager for the domains with blogs under it.
    Domain Mapping for the Mag site.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Yep, I concur.

4. Guru06
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thank you very much that's what I was thinking.

About this Topic